Innovative health food company Halftime Foods will make its regional launch next month at MetroCooking DC 2016, December 3-4 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. The event is the largest two-day culinary showcase in the region and is back for its 11th year.
“MetroCooking DC is one of the biggest food shows in the area where local food entrepreneurs can exhibit and offer their products directly to the consumer. I’m excited for the show because it will be our first show; one where we get to introduce the product to a wider consumer outside of the local farmers’ market scene” said Halftime Foods founder Vianesa Vargas.
Halftime Foods will be presenting both days of the event and will feature:
- Chunky Choc-potle, Halftime Foods’ top-selling flavor
- Blueberry Spice, a new flavor that will go into production for retail outlets in spring 2017 featuring cardamom and white pepper for a truly unique flavor profile
- Cinn-icot, profiled in Washington Post’s Shopping Cart feature and favorite amongst the farmers’ markets for the tasty blend of apricots and cinnamon
- Great Pumpkin, full of classic fall flavors, and MetroCooking DC will the last place to get the flavor before fall 2017
Halftime Foods has already begun to change up the DC food scene with an energy bar unlike any other on the market. Some of the benefits include:
- Keeps you feeling full
- No sugar crash
- No additives
- No fillers
- No preservatives
- No trans fats - all fats come from the nut butters and other plant-based sources
- Low in sodium
- Great taste, built alongside culinary experts
Through years of selling her bars at farmers’ markets in the Metro DC area, Vargas found that her bars a big hit amongst busy professionals on the go. However, they also offered a wholesome and nutritious alternative for many people with special dietary concerns, like those with diabetes, Celiac Disease, gluten sensitivity, cancer patients and more. Many of her return customers love the bars’ taste, as well as the full feeling they get that lasts for hours.
After starting out with just one flavor three years ago, Vargas has now expanded the Halftime Foods line to six great flavors, including a nut-free version to benefit customers with nut allergies.
For more information on Halftime Foods, please visit their website at halftimefoods.com. You can find out more about Metro Cooking DC 2016 at their website metrocookingdc.com, where you can also request press passes for the event.